Caritas Czech Republic Aceh Mission (CCR) has been implementing rural livelihoods development activities in Aceh Jaya district since 2005 after finalizing emergencyphase of the post tsunami relief. Livelihood field became soon a core activity of CCR in Aceh. For more than 4 years CCR has been providing long term support for the victims of tsunami in the fields of agriculture, agro-forestry and aquacultures (all sub districts of Aceh Jaya district).
In 2010-2012 CCR will be implementing a project for the Mulit-Donor Fund (MDF) in cooperation with the Economic Development Financing Facility (EDFF) and the World Bank. This project will focus on improving the economic opportunities available to nilam growers across Aceh. This call for applications is open for this project.
The Executive Assistant/ Translator will work directly for the CCR Head of Mission.
Job code title : Executive Assistant/ TranslatorCode : EA- BA
Supervisor : Head of Mission
Duty station : Banda Aceh
Expected duration of assignment : June to August 2012
Description of Responsibilities :
- The Executive Assistant/Translator will translate written documents as assigned and needed by the HOM.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will act as interpreter for the HOM when requested.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will respond to correspondence for the HOM.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will schedule meetings and business trips for the HOM in cooperation with the other support staff.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will travel across Aceh with the HOM on a regular basis to attend coordination meetings and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will serve as a project assistant on various activities when direct by the HOM.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will be asked to interpret for the HOM in government meetings and in front of large groups in formal settings.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator must be conformable giving presentations and with formal public speaking.
Recruitment Qualifications :
- Education : University degree in English
- Translation and interpretation experience needed
- Note taking and minute preparation
- Minimum 2 years office experience
- Excellent computer skills (Excel test needed)
- Well organized and independent
- People person with good social skills
- Must be willing and able to travel out of Banda Aceh up to 10 days per month with very little notice to prepare for departure.
- Must be physically able to withstand the demands of travel in difficult conditions for the duration of the project.
Languange Requirments : Fluent written and spoken Bahasa and English (test needed). Written level of English must be professional.
How to apply : Application must include a cover letter in English and current Curriculum Vitae with the position code as the subject of the email.
CV should include 2-3 page professional resume with education, and work experience (English only) and 3 professional references (not related to/ family member with) the candidate complete with names, job position and working phone numberfor the reference.
Resumes must have full contact detail of candidate and qualified candidates should sent the application to [email protected] by COB 14 June 2012. Note to applicants: “No transportation costs related to relocation will be provided.”